.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

News

Joel Stevens
Firefighters battle a structure fire Thursday afternoon at a house located at 64789 232nd St.
Rural Mills County Fire Leaves Family Homeless

The residents of a rural Mills County rental house lost their home and most of their belongings in a fire Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters from Glenwood and Pacific Junction responded to a blaze at the 122-year-old, two-story farmhouse, located at 64789 232nd Street (near 232nd and Pease Road). The fire, which is believed to have started in a wood-burning stove in the kitchen, was reported shortly after 2 p.m. Firefighters worked for over three hours putting out the fire and securing the property.