.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....
Joel Stevens
Firefighters battle Monday afternoon's blaze in a shed owned by William Rowe.
Sparks Blamed For Shed Fire

Sparks from a steel grinder are being blamed for a fire that destroyed a machine shed and kept area firefighters busy for more than two hours Monday afternoon.

Firefighters were summoned to 55007 237th Street north of Glenwood at about 1 p.m. to find the steel building already engulfed in flames.

William Rowe, owner of the property, was working with a steel grinder in the shed when he left for a few minutes only to return to find the building on fire, according to Glenwood Fire Chief Butch Fidler.