House Goes Up In Flames

-A A +A

Pony Creek Structure Fire Under Investigation

By Joel Stevens, Associate Editor

A fire ravaged a vacant home northwest of Glenwood Monday morning.

Shortly after 11 a.m., a neighbor called the Mills County Communications Center to report smoke and flames coming from a house at 20318 Falden Road.

When fire departments from Glenwood and Pacific Junction arrived, the structure was engulfed in flames.

According to the Mills County Assessor’s office, the house, which is located west of Pony Creek Lake, is owned by Darrel and Linda Wilson of Bellevue, Neb.

The structure was a total loss, the Mills County Sheriff’s Office reported.

Glenwood Fire Chief Butch Fidler said the fire is believed to have started in a bedroom. Electrical wiring is suspected of being the source of the blaze, he said.

The Iowa State Fire Marshal’s Office is assisting in the investigation of the fire.