THURSDAY, SEPT. 19
- Alegent/Creighton Clinic homecoming celebration at 1203 S. Locust St. Games, hot dogs and other treats.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 20
- Glenwood Senior Center Homecoming Lunch (open to the public) served from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Roast beef and turkey, baked beans, cole slaw and pies. $8.
- Glenwood Homecoming Parade, 1:30 p.m., on Town Square.
- Glenwood Outcasts Tailgate Party, following the parade until 6 p.m., at Keg Creek Brewing Co. Meet the new outcast king and queen. Donations will be accepted to support the annual Outcast Scholarship Fund.
- Jim Hughes Real Estate annual post-homecoming parade carnival. Refreshments, pony rides and other children’s activities and games on front parking lot at 410 S. Locust St.
- Homecoming football game (Glenwood vs. Perry), 7:30 p.m., at Ram Memorial Field.
SATURDAY, SEPT. 21
- Glenwood Community High School Homecoming Coronation at 8 p.m. in GCHS gymnasium.
- Rock and Roll Homecoming Dance at Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Catholic Church’s Kaufman Hall from 8:30-11 p.m. Entertainment provided by Northern Lights, Don Duysen and Friends. Admission is $5 at the door.
Class of 1963
Thirty-eight members of GCHS Class of 1963, spouses and friends will be attending the 50-year reunion. The class will have an open house Friday at the Glenwood Senior Center beginning at 9 a.m. After the parade, class members will meet for the alumni gathering at the American Legion post. They’ll meet Friday evening at the Gridiron Garage for visiting and reminiscing.
Saturday morning, class members will meet at Kaufman Hall to decorate for an evening banquet that will be attended by 235 members of the GCHS alumni. Happy hour starts at 5 p.m. with dinner served at 6 p.m. After a brief program, music and dancing will start around 8:30 p.m. The Rock and Roll Homecoming Dance will be open to the general public.
Class of 1988
The Honor Class of 1988 will meet Friday at 11 a.m. at the Glenwood Golf Course to board their lowboy for participation in the homecoming parade, which begins at 1:30 p.m. Class members will return to the golf course after the parade and attend the evening football game against Perry.
On Saturday, the Classes of 1988 and 1983 will be doing the following activities together: tour of new Glenwood Community High School at 10 a.m.; golf outing at 10 a.m. (contact Aaron Aistrope at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested), dinner at the American Legion (cocktails begin at 5 p.m. with dinner served at 5:30 p.m.), group photo at 6:45 p.m., attend GCHS coronation at 8 p.m., followed by a dance at the American Legion from 8 p.m. – midnight. Dance is open to the public with $5 cover at the door.